CBYC committee met this week and due to the rapidly changing scene with Covid 19 have decided to close the yacht club season early effective as of Friday 20th March. Sailors remain welcome to come down and sail at the club and use the facilities provided:

  • You are not being required to self isolate or
  • You have not travelled overseas within the last 14 days or
  • You haven’t had close or casual contact with suspected, probable or confirmed Covid 19 in the last 14 days.

We understand this is disappointing for our members and acknowledge that sailing is part of our wellbeing. However we also need to do our part in reducing the risk of community spread and particularly to protect our more vulnerable members.

CBYC has a number of maintenance jobs we need to tackle before next season including replacing Te Wharau’s ramp and upgrading the kitchen. The committee will be working on how we might manage these tasks without putting our members at risk.

If you have any questions please contact our commodores Rebecca or Gary at commodore@cbyc.co.nz